The 2015 AESOP PhD workshop is going to be organized by SPECTRA Centre of Excellence of the EU and Institute of Management of Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava in association with the AESOP Young Academics Network and will be held from Monday 6th to Saturday 11th July 2015 in Congress Centre Academia, Stara Lesna.
PHD workshop is part of the annual AESOP Congress that will be held from 13 to 17 July in Prague.
The topic of the workshop is corresponding with the topic of the Annual AESOP Congress 2015 “Fuzzy Responsibility – Multi-actors Decision Making under Uncertainty and Global Changes”, in particular focused on:
- Spatio-structural, temporal, functional and conceptual dimensions of softness and fuzziness in spatial development
- Growing uncertainty in decision making
- Multi actors decision making
- Governance as a cultural phenomenon (diverse)
- Perspective for fuzzy soft polycentric governance for soft and fuzzy spaces
Doctoral candidates are invited to share their ideas and experiences during the PhD workshop. The workshop will be structured from intensive study modules in small groups together with plenary sessions and presentations from academic mentors from the team collaborating with the team of Nobel Prize winner Elinor Ostrom.
Active participation of PhD students, including presentations of their research issues related to the theses, is required, as the workshop is going to be organised in the form of in-depth workshops in small groups, tutors interventions focused on current challenges in thematic orientation of the workshop, optimisation of research methodology including experiments and other research methods, data gathering and analyses techniques. A field trip on Saturday will be the part of the workshop on July 11th.
The student who attended an AESOP PhD workshop in the past would not be eligible to attend for the second time.
Those interested in participating in the PhD Workshop are expected to fill in the application form and submit this together with their abstract. Abstracts should not exceed 500 words, and must include:
- The name of the doctoral candidate,
- Institutional affiliation of doctoral candidate,
- The thesis title including keywords
- The main aim and objectives of the PhD research, methods and expected outputs.
The abstracts will be reviewed by the Organising committee under participation of AESOP Young Academics representative and tutors. Notification about results of review process will be emailed until 31st March 2015.
Opening of the abstract submission will be announced separately.
Definite Space – Fuzzy Responsibility
The Scientific Committee invites and encourages all authors to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the scientific programme.
Please, read carefully the instructions prior to writing your abstract. Abstracts not fulfilling the given instructions cannot be accepted.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Authors must follow the following guidelines for abstract submissions
- All abstracts must be submitted in English and must be presented in English at the Congress.
- Submitted abstracts must be original. Abstracts previously published or presented at an international scientific meeting cannot be submitted.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of experts and selected on the basis of merit for oral or poster presentation.
- All abstracts can be submitted on-line only.
- In case of difficulties during submission please contact AESOP 2015 Abstracts Handling Office at: email@example.com
- Notification of acceptance or rejection by the Scientific Committee will be e-mailed to the presenting author (at the address given on the abstract form) in March 2015.
- The authors of accepted abstracts will be requested to submit full papers even if they do not agree with the publishing their full paper for the AESOP Congress.
- Detailed information and guidelines for an oral or a poster presentation, as well as the date, time and venue of the presentation will be sent to the author in due time.
- All presenting authors must register for the Congress and pay the registration fee no later than 14 days after they receive notification of acceptance or rejection of their abstract(s).
- If an abstract is accepted, the presenting author is expected to attend the Congress and present the abstract in the session at the time decided upon by the Scientific Committee.
Abstracts Submission Deadline
9 January 2015
Abstract Acceptance / Rejection Decisions
15 March 2015
Request for submitting Full Papers for the accepted ones
15 March 2015
Full Papers Submission Deadline
15 May 2015
List of Tracks
TRACK 01: Planning Theory and Methods. Towards “Ethics of Responsibility
TRACK 02: Territorial Cohesion in the Multi-Actor Arena
TRACK 03: Responsibilities in Planning Education and Practice
TRACK 04: Participation and New Governance: Ethics, Responsibilities and Commitments
TRACK 05: Legal Environment for Effective (Good) Governance and Efficient (Sustainable) Use of Land
TRACK 06: Urban Design Quality and its Social Dimension
TRACK 07: Dealing with Urban and Rural Decline: Interplay of Actors and Responsibilities
TRACK 08: Planning ‘in’ or ‘for’ Multicultural Societies. Diversity, Social Justice and Democracy
TRACK 09: Energy and Space as Resources / Limits for Planning Decisions
TRACK 10: Planning in Weak Institutional Environment
TRACK 11: Planning across Borders: Transnational, International and Intergovernmental Planning and Spatial Management
TRACK 12: Responsibility for Social Cohesion in Housing, Cohousing and Neighbourhood Planning
TRACK 13: Transport Planning and Mobility Policies: Available and Affordable Transportation
TRACK 14: Responsible Economics, Economic Policies and Public Finance of Urban and Regional Interest
TRACK 15: Culture, Entertainment, Tourism and Planning: Panacea or Threat?
TRACK 16: Planning Responsibilities in the Face of Information Technology
TRACK 17: Ethics and Justice in Planning
TRACK 18: Complexity, Planning and Fuzzy Responsibilities
TRACK 19: Smart Approaches to Responsible-minded Planning Practice