Firenze, 17 – 19 Luglio 2015
La scadenza per inviare gli abstracts è il 15 marzo.
The presentations will be grouped into the following subject areas:
• Right to the city: Urban social movements; privatization and surveillance of urban space; gentrification, regeneration, and contested urban spaces.
• Neoliberal urban policy and its discontents: planning implications and urban conflicts: neo-liberal urban policy; immigration and national policy; participation and conflict in the 21st Century City; housing and housing needs.
• The well-being challenge: Well-being in the 21st century city, policies and practices for urban well-being and quality of life; variables and indicators to measure well-being in the city; sustainable development in the emerging urban world.
• Suburbanization and the post-urban city: Suburban growth and urban sprawl; social exclusion in the inner suburbs; multicultural cities and ethnic spaces.
• Urban nightlife: Emergent nightlife in the city; zones of entertainment and zones of pleasure; leisure and consumption.
We invite submissions for papers on these and related topics. Please send a one-page abstract of your paper or presentation by March 15, 2015 to the address listed below. Participants will be contacted with further information concerning the conference before March 31st, 2015.
For other general inquiries concerning Everyday Life in the 21st Century City please contact the Coordinator of the Conference: Ray Hutchison, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (firstname.lastname@example.org)Papers on the Right to the City: Circe Monteiro, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil (email@example.com); Corinna Del Bianco, Politecnico di Milano (firstname.lastname@example.org). Papers on Neoliberal urban policy and its discontents: Derek Hyra, American University (email@example.com); Camilla Perrone, Università degli Studi di Firenze (firstname.lastname@example.org); Papers on The Well-being Challenge: Camilla Perrone, Università degli Studi di Firenze (email@example.com); Gabriele Manella, Università degli Studi di Bologna (firstname.lastname@example.org). Papers on Suburbanization and the post-urban city: Mark Clapson, Westminster University (email@example.com); Nicola Solimano, Fondazione Giovanni Michelucci (firstname.lastname@example.org] ) Papers on Urban Nightlife: Luís António Vicente Baptista, CESNOVA, Universidade de NOVA Lisboa (email@example.com); João Teixeira Lopes, Universidade do Porto, Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)